Calling all Growing Businesses!
Have you thought about joining a consortium co-operative (with at least two other partners) to enable you to bid for larger contracts?
Cooperative Development Scotland (CDS) wants to talk about this opportunity in its webinar The Consortium Model of Bidding for Bigger Contracts.
The free webinar runs Thursday 29 February 2024, 2-3pm.
About the Webinar
The webinar will cover:
· The key characteristics of a consortium co-operative
· Benefits of joining a consortium co-operative
· How the model is used for tendering
· The support provided by CDS to businesses seeking to formally collaborate as a consortium co-operative
About Consortium Co-operatives
In a consortium co-operative:
· Members work together for a common goal while retaining their own brands, identities, and control
· Members can be limited companies, partnerships or individuals
· A consortium co-operative works best for three or more businesses (due to the democratic voting nature of a co-operative)
· CDS works to provide support to companies and community groups who want to adopt employee ownership or co-operative business models
· Co-operative Development Scotland is part of the Inclusive Models Team within Scottish Enterprise
· This model acts on behalf of all Scotland’s Enterprise agencies (Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and South of Scotland Enterprise)