Enterprise News: issue 9, 06 March 2023
Enterprise Ireland’s 10- day Strategic Marketing Review (SMR) is a transformative programme for your senior management team, focusing on a market driven business strategy which will significantly impact your rate of scaling and international growth.
The Strategic Marketing Review will enable you to:
- Align market opportunities with strategic business objectives to drive revenue
- Build high performance sales and marketing teams
- Position the value of your service or solution to each of your prioritized market segments
- Address sales challenges and maximize market opportunities
- Change the way you think about your customers and your markets
- Differentiate in a competitive market landscape.
With tailored, one-to-one engagement between an experienced consultant and your senior management team, this programme will take your company to the next stage of its evolution.
Winning Sales Webinar 8th November 2022
This webinar is designed to give the Senior Management Team of our client companies an insight into how to build a high performing sales and marketing team and the importance of market selection and validation. The webinar is moderated by Jonathan Healy and features three of our clients who have worked with Enterprise Ireland’s Strategic Marketing Review framework to transform their sales and marketing strategy and two SMR consultants who have worked with a large number of our clients.
What the programme offers
The Strategic Marketing Review (SMR) aligns market opportunities with strategic business objectives. It demands a joined-up approach at senior level across the company to ensure a common vision and a common direction.
This 10-day programme gives your senior management team a unique opportunity to take time out of managing day-to-day activities and come together in a structured environment to discuss the issues that are impacting your business and unlock a plan for growth.
The programme takes the form of workshops and mentoring sessions that are focused on your company’s stage of growth. The workshops deliver tangible insights that will empower you to act and maximize market opportunities.
The output of the Strategic Marketing Review is an Action Plan that identifies the key priorities for the short to medium term and action owners for each.
Am I eligible?
Ideally, the Strategic Marketing Review should be undertaken by established companies that have experience in trading internationally and who are interested in reviewing and developing their market development strategy. First time exporters should investigate Enterprise Ireland’s tailored supports and information in the Exporter section of our website.
The grant is open to existing clients of Enterprise Ireland and Udarás na Gaeltachta that meet all of the following criteria:
- The company is a manufacturing or eligible internationally traded services company; and
- The company is an SME company engaged in eligible activities; and
- The company must have demonstrated the capacity to internationalize; and
- The company must have sustainable annual revenues of at least €500k
HPSUs are also eligible for SMR provided they meet the following criteria :
- Have a strong management team
- Have a sales/marketing function or team
- Have completed raising funding and can concentrate on scaling and building sales
- Have approximate annual revenue of €500K
Companies whose products are listed in Annex 1 to the EU Treaty (TFEU) which include:
- Horticulture companies
- Fish processors
- Other primary producers
Enterprise Ireland clients in the food and drinks sector should contact Bord Bia for marketing support.
What costs are eligible and what is the maximum funding available?
Eligible expenditure is limited to the cost of hiring an Enterprise Ireland approved Marketing consultant for a maximum of 10 days.
The maximum daily fee payable to the consultant is €900 inclusive of travel and subsistence and out of pocket expenses.
Funding will be by way of a consultancy grant. The typical cost of undertaking a Strategic Marketing Review is €9000. The company must pay the full amount of €9000 to the consultant before Enterprise Ireland can process the claim. The company can then claim the grant of €7200 by submitting proof of payment and a copy of the completed action plan.
This eligibility is determined by the company’s available De Minimis aid balance.
What is the call close dates?
There are no call close dates. The process is not competitive and is approved by Enterprise Ireland management.
For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser or a member of SMR team firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the suitability of this support for your business.
How do I apply?
All applications for funding should be discussed with your Enterprise Ireland Adviser and a member of the SMR team email@example.com to submission.
You can apply via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System.
Prior to applying you must do the following:
- Contact your assigned Enterprise Ireland Adviserto discuss your application.
- First time applicants will be required to register on the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System.
Where can I find a suitable consultant?
A team of pre-approved consultants delivers the Strategic Marketing Review. Once you have spoken to your Development Advisor and a member of the SMR team firstname.lastname@example.org we can recommend a shortlist of consultants most relevant to work with your company.
- Download Strategic Marketing Review brochure
- Podcast on Market Personas101
- Podcast on Sales and Marketing Challenges facing Irish Technology Businesses – whether established or start-up
Hear how some of our clients have benefited from the SMR engagement:
- For more information, please contact your Enterprise Ireland Adviser
- If you are not a client, please contact your nearest Enterprise Ireland Regional Office.